Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cleaning Cleaning ... who knew???!!!

Cleaning the bathroom is one of my "chores" that I hate the worst. Ugh it is time consuming and lets face it kinda disgusting! So I tried throughout the years to figure out a way to do it quickly and with as little personal attention as possible. I used lots of different products all filled with that oh so pleasant "nuclear bomb" smell of chemicals and such. Which made me hate it all the more but I pressed on.

While at my mom's house this past weekend I was enjoying a morning shower and for the first time in my life shifted just wrong and fell out of the shower!! All elbows and knees and bangs and me pulling the shower curtain almost off the rod and I plunged head long toward the waiting porcelain toilet. Yes I was MORTIFIED!! That tub was slick! So of course I proceeded to tell my adoring mother that I hated her shower.. it had almost killed me after all.

She told me that it was my step dad's fault because he had recently cleaned the bathroom (which looked awesome by the way). I asked what in the world he had cleaned it with. Her response was blue dawn and vinegar! "What!!" (I said in my best minion voice).. Yep its true.

So determined to try out her directions I did the following. Heated 1 cup of vinegar in the micorwae for 1 min 30 sec. I poured 1 cup on blue dawn into a handy squirt bottle. Added the vinegar when it was done heating and swirled it just a bit to get it mixed. I marched upstairs to the bathroom and sprayed everything in sight. The sink. The tub. The toilet (inside and out). The mirror. And then I walked away. I sat downstairs with my daughter practicing her flash cards instead of spending time scrubbing soap scum. At this point I was really hoping this was going to be a Pinterest success (that is where Mom discovered this after all.)

After about 1/2 hour I marched upstairs rag in hand so happy not to feel like my nostrils were on fire and worried about my skin melting. I started with the tub and just rubbed the rag around a bit and then rinsed. HOLY COW!!! IT WORKED!!! I felt like singing some sort of cheesy happy chorus and dancing but I refrained. Well at least I am going to say I refrained, you can be your own judge. I rinsed and done... that's right... DONE! I proceeded to do the same with the sink, mirror and toilet (yes I used the brush on the toilet.. I do draw the line there). There wasn't a spot left on anything! Ahhhh the miracle cleaner has come at last to deliver us from the horror of scrubbing the bathroom.

I am curious now to see what else this magical concoction will clean... fridge, kitchen, washing machine?!?! Who knows! I will keep anyone out there updated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment