Sunday, September 2, 2012

From the mythical Pinterest...

Ok so there are millions of people on that mythical website sweeping the world... Pinterest.
Everyone is pinning like crazy and getting their craft on.. or are there. When I first discovered Pinterest (after an invite from a very dear friend) I was caught up in the onslaught of FANTASTIC ideas out there. Things that seemed so simple but I would never have thought of doing. I pinned and I pinned and I pinned. But like a few other people I know I didn't really do anything with them.. yet. I needed a catalyst to my creativity.

I found my catalyst when we moved to our new house in the mountains. I was tired of making things that I had been cooking for years. BORING. So while my sister was up visiting we took our fist dive into being true Pinterest do-ers, instead of just lookers.
Our first cooking project (and subsequently success) was braided spaghetti.  For the love of all things that are good to eat this was AMAZING. I was shocked! I could really become a cook (which is a title I would never in this life or the next have given myself).

And so it began. I am now an avid basic crafter. I am limited in the fact that despite my mother's best efforts I have no clue how to sew. My mother, sister, and I have recently had a whole Pinterest weekend where we tried a slew of ideas from the fantastic website. I will write about each of these in as much detail as possible so that I can document for those that care how it really went for us... which things were great, only so-so, or down right hard and not worth the trouble :)

I hope that anyone that stumbles across this attempt at a creative outlet forgives any craziness on my part and just enjoys this for what it is... a look at the inner workings of a person trying to make the most out of this silly but wonderful website.

Read on and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment