Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Wolf Pack Snackers"

I used this picture from the website as my picture did not do these justice.
While we are definitely a crafting family, I don't want everyone out there to think that all we have tried is crafting. We are cooking too!! This is not the first Pinterest food I tried, but it is by far one of my favorites.

These snackers would be great for any get together, potluck (if you can heat them), or for dinner. Yes they are that good!

I discussed these delectable goodies with my husband prior to making them to which I received a resounding... "Ummmm sounds gross!" So I thought that I would try them out on my mom and sister (naturally) before I put them in front of my hubby. So during our crafty type weekend this was my food "craft" of choice.

1 lb Hamburger
1 lb Sausage
1 brick Velveeta cheese
2 pks Hawaiian Sweet rolls (or the wheat rolls both are super tasty)

This is quick, quick, quick. Brown the sausage and hamburger together and then drain off the yucky fat. Place back in skillet and cube up Velveeta into the skillet as well and allow it to melt. Keep stirring because you don't want all this deliciousness to burn! When everything is combined and melted cut/tear the buns in half and spoon some onto each bun.

We served ourselves.. no standing on occasion in this house! To tell the truth they didn't look all that appetizing, however, they smelled AMAZING! So we all got the goodies and sat down at the table and dug in. WOW!!! I was totally shocked these were some of the greatest things I have ever put into my mouth! Even over chocolate cake and cheesecake! Yum Yum Yum!

So having verified that these were in fact really good to eat I made them for my hubby and roommate for dinner a week later. They are both in love with them as well, as are my daughter and niece. They are even better because the buns are small enough that they girls can hold them with no problem. This recipe is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment